The Heising-Simons Foundation and its Communications department stand by as a resource to help grantees communicate about their work.
The Foundation welcomes grantees to announce or publicize its support from the Foundation, if they would like to do so. To mitigate any possibility of misrepresenting the Foundation’s name or logo, please email the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission, sharing how you plan to mention the Foundation or use the logo. The following are guidelines for such uses.
- Please note the article “the” is not part of the Heising-Simons Foundation’s name and should not be capitalized unless it’s at the beginning of a sentence.
- If you plan to mention the Foundation in any announcements, press releases, newsletters, website stories, events, or other public dissemination about your grant, please email the Foundation’s Communications department at email@example.com to give advance notice and, if applicable, share any such materials.
- You do not need to receive advance permission for basic grant disclosures from the Foundation. In such cases, please use the following language:
- For general support grants: “[Organization] was supported [in part] by the Heising-Simons Foundation.”
- For project specific grants: “[Project name] was supported [in part] by the Heising-Simons Foundation.”
- Grantees may acknowledge the Foundation’s support for independent academic research and scientific products — such as conference presentations, academic papers, etc. – without prior review or approval from the Communications department. However, we ask you to let your program officer know, so the officer is aware. In such cases, appropriate acknowledgments would be:
- “This [research, publication] was funded by the Heising-Simons Foundation through grant 202X-XXXX.”
- “The contributions of [individual name] were funded by the Heising-Simons Foundation through grant 202X-XXXX.”
- “[Project name] was funded by the Heising-Simons Foundation through grant 202X-XXXX.”
- Please share any potential use of the Foundation’s logo with the Communications department for permission, in advance. In your email, please let us know where and how you plan to use the logo, and, if possible, share any relevant materials where the logo may appear.
- Common requests for using our logo include: listing the Foundation as a supporter, alongside other funders, on your website; event sponsorships; and conference presentations.
- As a best practice, logos should link back to the Heising-Simons Foundation’s website when possible: hsfoundation.org.
- Logos should be clearly readable, unaltered, and sized proportionally to the original dimensions provided.
- Logo should be used in color on a white background, or in white when on a dark, colorful, or photographic background.
- To download logos visit the Logo Toolkit.
When mentioning the Foundation in an approved announcement that a Grantee plans to share on social media, please tag the Foundation using the handle @HSFdn on Twitter and the following #HeisingSimonsFoundation. Additionally, the Foundation’s LinkedIn page can be located at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hsfoundation.