Today, the Heising-Simons Foundation joined 14 other California foundations in a joint CEO statement denouncing President Trump’s decision to terminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. We object to the President’s shameful decision in the strongest terms— and we stand in support of, and in solidarity with, the many nonprofit organizations we fund throughout the country that work to support these young people. These grantees, along with the majority of Americans, recognize the value of this program for the nearly 800,000 children and young adults it supports, and for its many benefits to our country. This is not simply a matter of policy. This is a matter of human decency.
Below, please find the joint CEO statement, as well as statements from many of our grantees who are working tirelessly to fight this injustice.
- California Philanthropic Statement on DACA
- Messages From Some of our Grantee Partners:
- The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Define American
- Human Rights First
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC)
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- National Immigration Law Center
- Philanthropy California (Southern California Grantmakers, San Diego Grantmakers, and Northern California Grantmakers)
- University of California, Berkeley
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Institute for Educational Leadership
We invite other grantee partners to email us links to statements they wish to add to this list.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org